We are pleased to announce we will be open for all patients effective Monday, May 4th. For the past several weeks, we have been available to serve essential care workers and urgent/acute cases only.
We know many of you have been doing your part to flatten the curve and have been delaying treatment thank you for that.
In keeping with the provincial government’s direction as of Monday, May 4th, we will be available to treat all patients. It is important to note that we are a low risk facility and are considered a “green zone’. We will not be treating anyone who has recently traveled, has any flu like symptoms or has been in contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19.
Manitobans have done an exceptional job of flattening the curve and we are committed to keeping everyone safe by implementing the following policies and procedures.
• Pre-screening on the phone for all patients booking appointments to ensure no one has recently travelled or is experiencing any symptoms.
• Staff, patients or people attending with patients will be asked to fill out and sign the self-screening tool at the office (an example can be found here https://sharedhealthmb.ca/covid19/screening-tool/)
• We will be limiting the number of people in the clinic
• Staff have been given information about physical distancing.
• We will be arranging the scheduling to prevent congestion.
• Floor markings and/or barrier shields will be installed in the waiting room.
• Patients and people who may attend with patients are being screened by telephone before an appointment is booked and are not given an appointment if they have COVID-19 symptoms.
• We encourage everyone to call for an appointment; we may not be able to accommodate walk-in patients at this time.
• People identified as symptomatic will be instructed to call Health Links - Info Santé.
• Waiting room management strategies will be in place. Strategies may include waiting in car if necessary and physical distancing for those in the waiting room. No more than five to seven people in the common areas at one time.
• Hand sanitizer is available throughout the clinic for patient and staff use.
• Patients and people attending with patients are being asked to sanitize hands upon entering the clinic.
• Rooms, tables, door handles etc. are sanitized after each patient.
• The public washrooms is frequently sanitized.
• Magazine racks and toys have been removed.
• The doctors and staff are utilizing masks.
• Cashless or no-contact payment should be used to the greatest extent possible.
We are interested in hearing how you feel about restrictions being eased and offices re-opening. Please complete this very short survey and share your thoughts on what we can do to make your experience as good as possible as you return for chiropractic or massage therapy.